Take the application online or download the application form and fax it to #317-260-5105
Background Check and Motor Vehicle Reports (MVR)
SDIA will conduct a Background Check and pull a current MVR on all applicants.
First Day of Class
Students accepted into the SDIA program will need to have the following items with you
- CDL Permit - Your Class A Permit is REQUIRED upon the first day of class
- DOT Physical completed and bring your paperwork with you
- Drivers License
Additional Program Details
- Classes typically run Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm (Class times may be adjusted to accommodate unforeseen circumstances.)
- Classes will be held at 1310 S. West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225
- Program is 5 weeks long
- Program consists of 162 hours
- 118 hrs Classroom/Lab
- 44 hrs minimum of "Behind the Wheel" Training
- Daily combination of activities most days
- Job Placement Assistance
- Course curriculum from Professional Truck Driver Institute (PTDI)
- Program includes Forklift Training/Certification and Safety Training at no additional cost!
- Our range and road training include all required truck driver training as well as several items most other programs do not include. Some of these items are: Coupling & Uncoupling, Backing to LIVE Docks, 48' Trailer Training, 5-Speed & 10-Speed Truck Training and MORE!
- SDIA is approved by the Indiana State Approving Agency to participate in GI Bill® education benefit programs from the U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs! So, if you are in the Military, a Military Veteran or a Family Member who has GI Bill® Benefits, contact us to hear more about our Class A CDL Program!
SDIA Financial Assistance Opportunities
- SDIA is an “Approved Training Provider” through the Indiana Workforce Development and its WorkOne Centers.
- SDIA is an “Approved Training Provider” for the WorkINdiana Program.
- SDIA is approved by the Indiana State Approving Agency to participate in GI Bill® education benefit programs from the U.S. Dept of Veterans Affairs which include…
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB)
- Chapter 31 – Special Vocational Training (SVT)
- Chapter 35 – Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- Chapter 1606 – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
Tuition & Fees
- Please contact the SDIA office for current tuition cost and details!